Educators: Be a Part of Seattle Science Festival
The Seattle Science Festival offers an unparalleled opportunity to get your students directly interacting with and excited about the science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) activities and organizations in our region and in the world around them. There are many ways to get involved; below are just some of the ways that you can bring the Seattle Science Festival excitement into your classroom.
Be a Science Festival Ambassador!
Seattle Science Festival is on the hunt for science champions in our local schools, after school programs and community centers. The Ambassador program gives you access to:
- Seattle Science Festival swag for your students.
- Advance notice of Seattle Science Festival events.
- Links to curriculum resources and science activities.
- Information about field trip and professional opportunities.
- An online community to interact with your fellow Ambassadors.
How do you become a Science Festival Ambassador? Visit the Science Festival Ambassador website and tell us why you want to be an Ambassador! Teachers, administrators, PTA members, after school program providers and community center professionals are all eligible to become Science Festival Ambassadors.
Bring the science, technology, engineering and math excitement into your classroom:
- Develop classroom lessons around Seattle Science Festival events, offer credit for attendance, find a science fair or other competition happening in your area, and encourage your students to bring information they learn at the Seattle Science Festival back to the classroom. Join the Ambassador program for access to curriculum resources and science activity ideas!
- Spread the word. Hang a Seattle Science Festival flyer in your classroom, mark your class calendar and send out a Seattle Science Festival notice to your students and their families. There are many resources available for download in our Collaborator Toolkit.
- Be a volunteer. If you're interested in attending the Festival yourself as a volunteer, please let us know. We're accepting applications for volunteer positions now!