Apply to Present a Stage Program at Seattle Science Festival's Science EXPO Day
(Application deadline has been extended to March 22, 2013)
Science EXPO Day will be held on June 8, 2013 at Seattle Center from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. We are looking for stage programs that will engage people of all ages in a region-wide celebration of scientific wonders, resources, and opportunities by exploring the role of science, engineering, technology and math in Puget Sound and beyond. Stage Programs should be 15-20 minutes in length.
Stage programs will be selected through a curated process to ensure quality and appropriateness. Filters and criteria for selection include:
- Science-based: Clearly grounded in the scientific habits of mind (problem solving, reasoning, communication, and making connections.)
- Doable: Deliverable at a high quality within the constraints of time and resources available.
- Accessible: Engaging, inclusive, understandable to the audience (manner of delivery, academic level of content and logistics).
- Relevant: Addressing important and timely issues of both today and the future, tied to career opportunities, and connected to our daily lives where possible.
- Appropriate: Seattle Science Festival is a family-friendly celebration and therefore all materials and activities must be appropriate for a family audience.
- Wow! Fun, exciting, cool, clever, experiential, and conveying the sense of awe and wonder that is at the heart of scientific discovery and achievement.
There are three ways that you and your organization can participate in Science EXPO Day: host an exhibit, present a stage program, or both. If you are applying to host an exhibit, please complete the separate Science EXPO Day Exhibitor Application.
Important Information to Review
Be sure to download and review the Science EXPO Day Stage Program Terms and Conditions document. You will be required to agree to the Science EXPO Day Stage Program Terms and Conditions before performing on Science EXPO Day.
(*) Indicates required field.